Abydion, the Fifth City
- By the Five – “By god”, “by all that is good”. When used to swear an oath, also implies “may god strike me down”. Also used as a curse in cultures outside of Abydion, where the Five are reviled rather than revered. May be extended to “by the Five Lords” or “by the Five Lords of Saturn” for emphasis.
- By the Six – A nonspecific curse, “by the devil”, “damn it”. Not generally used outside of Abydion itself, as most other cultures worship one of the Six Outer Gods, but not all of them. May be extended to “by the Six Devils” or similar for greater emphasis.
- Follow Saturn – To stick to a single path or course without deviation. From Saturn’s constant position in the sky and use as a navigational reference point.
- Follow the sun – To go to one’s doom.
- Gajo-Eyia’s Maw – A place to conceal yourself in relative safety, but still at a risk that whoever or whatever is giving you shelter could turn on you and destroy you, as if you were hiding in the mouth of a great beast.